Property Assessment

Property Assessors:

Tanmar Consulting Inc.

Toll Free: 1-855-417-5191

Online Assessment Reports

The assessment department has made assessment reports available on-line.  You may view these reports for any property in the county if you have the Roll Number, Address or Legal Description.  The reports can be found by clicking here.

The reports available to the public are:

  • Land report (for farmland parcels, this report shows the arable vs pasture acres, the corresponding CLI rating for each field within the parcel, and the total assessed value of the farmland)
  • Assessment summary report (this report shows a summary of each assessment including the site area, the amount of farmland (if applicable), the type and size of buildings assessed to the parcel, and the total assessed value of the parcel).

Assessment Complaint Procedure

The first step in resolving an assessment complaint should be a review of your assessment with the County Assessor.

If you have any questions about your assessment, contact the Property Assessor at 1-855-417-5191.  They will review the property information with you and may book an onsite inspection.  If, after speaking with the Assessor, you still disagree with your assessment, you may file a formal complaint.

You are entitled to see or receive information about how the assessor prepared the assessment of your property.  If you have questions about your assessment, contact the County Assessor, Michael Krim, at 1-855-417-5191 (toll free).

If, after reviewing your assessment with the Assessor, you still believe that your assessment is unfair or incorrect, you may initiate the formal complaint process with the Assessment Review Board.  You may not complain about your taxes, only the assessment. All sections of the complaint form must be filled out.  The complaint must be made on the official ASSESSMENT REVIEW BOARD COMPLAINT form.

You can appoint an agent who can, on your behalf, perform all duties with the Assessment Review Board, but your agent is not authorized to obtain your assessment information from the assessor.  You must obtain this information yourself. If you wish to have another person file an assessment complaint on your behalf, you must complete an Assessment Complaints Agent Authorization form.



Further information can be found through the Guide to Property Assessment and Taxation in Alberta available on the Municipal Affairs Website.