There are a variety of local emergencies that could impact our municipality. Knowing these hazards and preparing in advance can keep you and your household safe and comfortable, and help you get back to normal life quickly.
We've included some helpful links below to get you started on preparing for an emergency or disaster. Visit the Government of Alberta's Emergency Preparedness page for more information.
- Make an Emergency Plan - learn how to make an emergency plan to care for yourself and those around you during a disaster.
- Build an Emergency Kit - lists and information about what to include in your emergency kit and in your home to sustain you and your household for unexpected situations.
- Pet Preparedness - learn how to keep your pet safe and comfortable before, during and after an emergency.
- Farm Animals and Livestock Preparedness - learn how to keep your farm animals and livestock safe in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Prepare to Evacuate - learn what to do in case you need to evacuate due to an emergency.
- Shelter-in-Place Advisories - are issued if there is an outdoor threat to life-safety or if an evacuation is a greater risk. Learn what to do in case a shelter-in-place advisory is issued.
- Hazard Preparedness - learn about the different hazards in Alberta and how you can be better prepared.