Business Grant Opportunities
Government Grants & Opportunities
Government of Alberta
- Small Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant (SMERG) with Government of Alberta to help businesses recover. Eligible small-medium sized business, co-ops and non-profits that experienced revenue reduction of at least 30% as a result of COVID-19 can apply for funding up to $20,000 to they can open their doors and get Albertans back to work. *NEW, as of Feb 4, new businesses that opened after March 1, 2020 may now be eligible.
- Side Hustle Program - Part of the Futurepreneur program, side hustlers may be eligible to up to $15,000 in loan financing to support the launch and growth of their side business
- CIP Project-Based grant with Government of Alberta to provide funding to new community-based programs, initiatives, events and publications. Re-opening for Sept 15, 2020 intake.
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant helps to cover training expenses for existing employees and new hires, up to $15,000 per trainee, up to 100% of training costs for
Canada Revenue Agency
- CEWS (Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy), Canada Revenue Agency, Period 5 is now open, created to assist businesses affected by COVID -19 to keep workers on their payroll or bringing back previously laid-off employees.
Other Government Grants
- The Ministry of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women has many grant programs that accept applications through multiple intakes on an annual basis.
- Business Scale-up and Productivity By Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) supports high-growth businesses that are scaling up and producing innovative goods, services or technologies. It offers free repayable funding to incorporated businesses that have operated in Western Canada for a minimum of 2 years. Preference to small and medium sized enterprises
- Thrive Canada Challange - Partnership to identify, promote, accelerate and invest in innovative early stage Canadian Startups creating new and alternative paths for a more efficient and sustainable global food system. Closes Nov 20, 2020
- CEBA Loan - Canada Emergency Business Account - helping small businesses and not-for-profits access loans with some forgivable if repaid by Dec 2022. Increased amount announced in Dec 2020.
Other Business Grants & Opportunities
- Futurpreneur Canada supports young entrepreneurs (age 18-39) with up to $60,000 in financing, an expert business mentor for up to two years, and resources to help you plan, manage & grow your business
- Business Link Resiliant Recovery Program helps Alberta entrepreneurs get back on their feet and position them to mitigate the effects of future business interruptions with 4 hours of one-on-one coaching
- Canada United Small Business Relief funds for small businesses. Up to $5,000 grant to be used in recovery efforts as a result of COVID-19, such as PPE, improved physical space, e-commerce.
Canada Life Business Boost
- The Canada Life Business Boost - 12 x $10,000 grants offered across Canada. Applications close Nov 12, 2020
Emissions Reduction Alberta
- Energy Savings for Business: ERA announced up to $55 Million in funding for Alberta Businesses to improve efficiency and reduce emissions
Canadian Agricultural Partnership
- Agricultural Training Support. Program to offset costs of training and safety protocols for new employees hired within the agricultural and horticultural sector. Up to $2,000 per New hire, or $250,000 per applicant.