- Land Inventory: Are you open to the potential of selling your land? We are developing a land inventory of industrial, commercial, and agriculture land that site selectors and developers could access as part of their search process so we can respond quickly to development inquiries. If you are a landowner that would like to register your land for this program, please complete the form or contact our Economic Development Officer for more details.
- The Alberta HUB, the regional economic development alliance of Northeast Alberta has been named as one of the top 20 "Canada's Best Locations" by Site Selection Magazine. Read the article here
UPCOMING EVENTS & WEBINARS
- Exit Planning 101 Masterclass -16 week online program hosted by Community Futures to help through the journey toward a sale and learn how to prepare yourself and your business to be operated by a successor.
- Organic Connections Virtual Conference Nov 5 &6. Western Canada's Largest Organic Conference
GRANT & FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR BUSINESSES
- Relaunch Grant with Government of Alberta to help businesses recover. Starting June 29, 2020, eligible small-medium sized business, co-ops and non-profits (under 500 employees) can apply for funding up to $5,000 to they can open their doors and get Albertans back to work.
- Futurpreneur Canada supports young entrepreneurs (age 18-39) with up to $60,000 in financing, an expert business mentor for up to two years, and resources to help you plan, manage & grow your business
- Side Hustle Program - Part of the Futurepreneur program, side hustlers may be eligible to up to $15,000 in loan financing to support the launch and growth of their side business
- CEWS (Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy), Canada Revenue Agency, Period 5 is now open, created to assist businesses affected by COVID -19 to keep workers on their payroll or bringing back previously laid-off employees.
- CIP Project-Based grant with Government of Alberta to provide funding to new community-based programs, initiatives, events and publications. Re-opening for Sept 15, 2020 intake.
- Product/Experience Development Investment with Travel Alberta. Investment up to $5,000 supporting individual tourism businesses to RESTART operations witha focus on program development for visitors onsite, online or virtually. Second intake dates: Sept 1-30, 2020
The Ministry of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women has many grant programs that accept applications through multiple intakes on an annual basis.
- Business Link Resiliant Recovery Program helps Alberta entrepreneurs get back on their feet and position them to mitigate the effects of future business interruptions with 4 hours of one-on-one coaching
- Cooperative Investment Program Travel Alberta is opening up a 2nd intake of applications for Cooperative Investment Program to assist tourism operators. Applications must be submitted Sept 1-30th 2020
- Business Scale-up and Productivity By Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) supports high-growth businesses that are scaling up and producing innovative goods, services or technologies. It offers free repayable funding to incorporated businesses that have operated in Western Canada for a minimum of 2 years. Preference to small and medium sized enterprises
- County of Vermilion River office in Kitscoty is currently open 8:30am - 4:30pm, M-F. Visitors are asked to follow arrows, physical distancing and maximum number requirements.
- For up-to-date information on the Covid 19 Pandemic in Alberta, please visit the Alberta Government Page
- COVID-19 Relaunch status map gives more information on local community numbers/additional measures