Q.  What obligations do I have as a dog owner under the Dog Control Bylaw?
Please visit Owning a Dog in the County of Vermilion River

Q.  When can a Dog Control Officer seize a dog?
The Dog Control Officer can seize animals that are found at-large (i.e. stray) within the County of Vermilion River

Q.  Who should I call if a dog is being abused or neglected?
The Alberta SPCA has the authority to enforce the Alberta Animal Protection Act and investigate reports of abuse. They can be reached by calling 1-800-455-9003.

Q.  What should I do if I have found or lost a pet?
Please visit Lost Pets

Q.  What should I do if I have an unwanted cat on my property?
The County of Vermilion River does not capture at-large cats. However, stray and at-large cats can be brought to the Lloydminster SPCA if you trap them humanely.

For information, visit Unwanted Cats on Private Property

Q.  How long are dogs kept at the Lloydminster SPCA?
Dogs are kept up to three business days. After that, adoptable dogs may remain at the Lloydminster SPCA or be transferred to other rescue groups.

Q.  What does the County do to find a lost pet’s owner?
Every dog that is picked up by the County Dog Control Officer or dropped off at the SPCA is searched for tags.
When a dog is wearing tags we can immediately contact the owner.